- 4-6 April 2019, “Contemporary Playbor in Esports, Live Streaming, and Daily Fantasy”, CounterPlay 2019: Playing at the Edge, International Play Festival. Aarhus, Denmark.
- 28-30 March 2019, “Loot Boxes and the Gamblification of Digital Game Design”, Alberta Gambling Research Institute Conference, Banff, Alberta.
- 5th December 2018, “Why do People Watch Other People Playing Video Games? The Rise of the Broadcasting and Spectating of Digital Play”, Department of Science and Technology Studies, University College London.
- 28th November 2018, “Algorithmic Power and the Gamblification of Contemporary Video Games”, Department of Computer Science, Queen Mary University of London.
- 27th November 2018, “Why do People Watch Other People Playing Video Games? The Rise of the Broadcasting and Spectating of Digital Play”, Whitehead Lectures in Cognition, Computation and Culture, Department of Computing, Goldsmiths College, University of London.
- 22nd-23rd November 2018, “Daily Fantasy Sports Betting and The Rise of Instrumental Fandom”, Seminar on eSports, Exergames and Fantasy Leagues, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- 8th-11th November 2018, “Toward a Theory of Cultivation Play: Character Progression Work in Video Games as Autonomy, Engagement, and Praxis”, National Communication Association, Game Studies Division, Salt Lake City, Utah (With Dr Sky Anderson) (Winner of Top Paper Award).
- 10th-13th October, 2018, “The Socio-Technical Entanglements of Live Streaming on Twitch.tv”, Association of Internet Researchers (AOIR) Conference, Montreal, Canada.
- 10th-13th October, 2018, “‘And today’s top donator is’: How Live Streamers on Twitch.tv Monetise and Gamify Broadcasts”, Going Live AOIR Pre-Conference, Montreal, Canada.
- 13th-14th September 2018, “Esports Commentators: Media Roles, Career Labour, and Game Management”, International Media Management Academic Association Conference, Stuttgart, Germany.
- 11th-14th September 2018, “Player and Fan Perspectives on Cheating in Esports: Implications for Gambling Awareness and Integrity”, 12th European Conference on Gambling Studies and Policy Issues, Valetta, Malta. (With Dr Brett Abarbanel)
- 27th July 2018, “Conversation, Discourse and Play: Interaction and Moderation in Twitch.tv Live Streaming”, Digital Games Research Association (DiGRA) Conference, Turin, Italy.