URR Finale Update XVI

November 29, 2020Game Design, Ultima Ratio Regum, Updates

Hello everyone! Just a very quick one this week. The Python 3.7 and updated libtcod version of URR… is compiling to exe using PyInstaller!! This is excellent news. The next step is to figure out what DLLs and the like need to be packaged with it. (Oh, I’ve also fixed a whole bunch of bugs … Read More

URR Finale Update XV

November 22, 2020Game Design, Ultima Ratio Regum, Updates

More progress this week! URR in Python 2.7: my team is trying to get it working, but it’s proving tricky. The combination of an out-of-date Python, an out-of-date version of (lib)tcod, and an out-of-date compiler… is, unsurprisingly, a challenge. But they’re trying it, and I’m amazingly grateful. URR in Python 3: in more promising news, … Read More

URR Finale Update XIV

November 15, 2020Game Design, Ultima Ratio Regum, Updates

This week has been less full than last week so I’ve been able to devote a┬álot of time to getting URR ready. I am now pursuing two paths, and I’ve made progress on both. Whichever one works out first will be the one I use to release URR 0.8. OPTION ONE: Get it working in … Read More

URR Finale Update XIII

November 8, 2020Game Design, Ultima Ratio Regum, Updates

Not much to report this week, I’m afraid. It has been another extremely busy week of term work-wise (working on a huge grant and beginning to mark student submissions from the class I’m teaching), but I’ve found a little bit of time to continue trying to get the finished URR 0.8 packaged. Right now there … Read More

URR Finale Update XII

November 1, 2020Game Design, Ultima Ratio Regum, Updates

Hello everyone! So, this week’s headline: incredibly busy week of work that unfortunately consumed my weekday evenings as well as my weekday days, but I spent the weekend attempting to fix the compiling-to-exe problem – although sadly without success. However, thanks to some great comments on the previous entry which I’ve since followed up with … Read More